3rd time visiting the doctor

21/6/2010
I have made a mistake over which bone of my wrist cracked. It is my left radius which is minimally displaced and there is a crack in the bone. After 3 weeks with arm sling and silicone cement, I went through another 3 weeks without both the above but the doctor reminds me of not falling again as it will worsen the condition. These 6 weeks is a torture to me as I am  a one-sword woman where I have to do work with one hand only.
Today, I see the doctor again on appointment for the 3rd time and an X-ray is taken just to check the progress of the bone joining. I am quite moody over my injury as I am unable to bend and twist normally and I am quite worried whether it is permanently or temporarily deformed like this. The doctor cleared my doubts just now. The X-ray shows normal growth and healing. The radius by nature after fracture becomes a little shorter which make my wrist a little bit out of shape but unnoticeable if not told. My fingers are numb and swollen. The doctor asked me to do certain degree of physiotherapy otherwise the degree of turns and movement will be affected. It is stiff now and it is painful as I have forced and stretched the ligaments just now.
I thought it is just a minor injury but I think it is quite serious. Getting old and I am most probably having osteoporosis. The doctor gave me Protaxos as a medication. I have been on it for 6 weeks and just now the doctor prescribe another 6 weeks to me. Am I going to take this medication continuosly or just this period of time?   This medicine is expensive........ What to do when we need to maintain our bone mass density?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

盗贼獊狂

杭州之旅(9)- 小瀛洲及三潭印月

相煎何太急