Passport Renewal

My daughter wanted to renew her passport a year earlier than it should be because she learnt a lesson from her friend when her visa cannot be issued because the expiry date of her passport is only around 6 months before a visa can be issued. She is thinking she might as well renew it a year earlier.
Yesterday, we did have a look at the form and realized that the photographs that she owned were not standard enough for the purpose of the passport. She then took a new one at a nearby photograph shop.

Today, we hurriedly went to the shop and took the photograph before the Immigration Office was closed at three. Without delay, we saw an officer and paid the money following the procedure. The passport could be taken after an hour. We took a ride and bought some groceries before we arrived at the office at 3:30p.m.
I have the habit of flipping any documents when I received it. Do you know what I notice? My daughter's passport will be expired on 21 March 2012. I was surprised when I saw the expiry date of the renewed passport is 21 Jan 2016! It is supposed to be 23 March 2017!!! I immediately asked the officer at the counter and was told that for earlier renewal, the longest time that they allowed is 6 months. It means that by renewing the passport earlier, we are losing by over a year!!!!



I am very angry at the officer and blame him for not informing me. He is telling me many people complained and the matter was brought up to the management in KL but so far no positive and initiative had been taken by the department to explain to the public about it. It is too bad for the department not to take any action to educate the public on this matter. I feel I am cheated!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

盗贼獊狂

杭州之旅(9)- 小瀛洲及三潭印月

相煎何太急