A letter from a son

To mum,
 
First of all, mum, Happy Mother's Day! I wanted to let you know that i really love you mum, and dad as well of course! But, i let you down all the time by saying out all my "hatred" and dislikes on my studies. I always complained to you and dad about how hard it is for me to study and some other nonsense stuffs. I just never think of how hard it is for both you and dad to raise 3 kids who always complained on how complicated life is.
 
This morning, my church somehow celebrated Mother's Day, or we called it Parents' Day here. When i reached there, there are 3 baskets of flowers, with colours of white, red as well as mixing of red and white. Just in case if you have no idea what those colours mean. Red is for those people who still have both their parents alive, white is for neither both the parents are still on this world, mixing of red and white is for either one of the parents had gone. Of course, i picked the red one.
 
Surprisingly, those people whom i really good with in the church, most of them are wearing "mixing of red and white" on their chest pocket. At the very moment, I realized that how important both you and dad meant to me. I questioned myself "what if my parents or one of my parents were not here anymore? Am i just gonna keep complaining about how hard my study is??". They have been through so much pain and tears in their life losing one of their parents, but i still keep on complain about my studies to you and dad just because i hate to study, study is hard for me, i wanna give up on study coz studying is such a pain in my life etc etc.

I am really sorry for being such a disobedient child. I always tell you i will try my best but in fact, sometimes i chose not to. I always satisfied on something that i have achieved in my life, instead of trying to step up to a higher level. I always prayed and wanted to be "someone" that is acknowledged and recognized by people around me, but i chose not to go for it. All these years i've been dependant on you and dad, and i THOUGHT i'm independent enough to go for further studies and live a life myself. In fact, not at all. Sorry for letting you down mum. Sometimes i really cried myself inside my room, dont know what to do, i just cried out.

I love you mum. Sorry but, i'm really the kind of very emotional people. haha..

Love,

Your son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

盗贼獊狂

杭州之旅(9)- 小瀛洲及三潭印月

相煎何太急